Thursday, July 20, 2006

OK, it's Thursday already. One last train ride down to SD for COSMOS tomorrow. Well, actually I hope to get down there one day next week too, but we'll see. I sure won't miss that 6:30am train. I mean, I am a morning person, but there are only so many days that I can get up at 5:30am. I could do 6am... there's just something about that 5 that really gets to you.

Anyway, I'm having a great time with COSMOS this summer. I'm really surprised how much fun I am having. Not that I didn't expect it to be fun, but it really doesn't feel like work at all! I really like putting the lectures and labs together and teaching and helping students in the lab. My only fear is that people aren't really seeing how awesome programming really is. I mean, why use lame Jython to modify your images when you could use Photoshop, right? :) But programming is what makes photoshop possible. Plus, once you get through the basics, some of the programming extensions have you creating programs that automatically transform images in ways that would be tedious and take a long time in Photoshop. Anyway, I hope everyone is getting at least a little excited about CS, and that you will consider taking a CS class in college (or high school).

OK, that's all for now. See everyone tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

yeah its cool

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home